Sunday, November 29, 2009

firefox 3.0.14 - not able to load java.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.14) Gecko/2009090905 Fedora/3.0.14-1.fc10 Firefox/3.0.14

was trying to access a virtual lab .. oops

your browser is not able to load java.

I was surprised as few days back I was able to access it w/o any issues.
then I checked the firefox version and it was 3.0.14 .. ohh seems it is updated ( auto update). and i knew the culprit ,, plugin must not be there in the  firefox installation directory . in my case
/usr/lib/firefox... 

yeah there was no plugins dir under ../../firefox-3.0.14/    .
checked the previous installation and ya plugins dir is there.
seems firefox does not import these plugins settings after update..
now I was confused ,, is it a bug or purposefully its left like that.

Any way I created the plugins dir under current firefox installtion dir.
then create symbolic links.
 

ln -s /usr/java/jdk1.7.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

same was the case with my flashplayer plugin. also created sym link for that.

ln -s /usr/java/jdk1.7.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

voila..

0 comments: